Monday, December 30, 2013

She's So Crafty!!!

Happy New Year!!!!! Well, almost, anyway :) I want each of you to know how grateful I am that you have allowed us to inspire you in some way. As 2013 comes to a close, I'd like to share a bath butter recipe with you.  After you've watched the old year out and praised and partied the new year in, relax with this luxurious and insanely moisturizing butter for your bath. I found this recipe about a year ago and I have been using it ever since! It is simply amazing. I love the silky soft feeling that my skin has after bathing in this butter. This formula can also used as a tanning butter in the sun, but be very careful! Temperatures outside can affect your bath butter. If it is very cold, and your butter is too hard/firm, most of the time, then simply remelt and add more sweet almond oil until it stays soft when it is set up. If you are in a very hot region and your butter stays melted most of the time, put it in the refrigerator to firm it up. The bath butter should be firm, but you should still be able to spoon out a teaspoon for your bath.  It will melt in the warm water. I usually add a teaspoon in my water as it is running. Tomorrow I will post pics of the new batch I will make!


Here's what you will need:

1/2 cup cocoa butter ( I prefer the Palmer's brand cocoa butter cream)
1/4 cup coconut oil ( I purchase this at a local health food store)
1 teaspoon sweet almond oil ( I purchase this at a local health food store)
3-6 drops of essential oil (your preference; I used equal parts of lavender essential oil and jasmine essence oil)
1 microwave safe container ( I used a large Pyrex measuring cup)
Stirring spoon
1 decorative tin or container for your finished product

Step 1
Melt the cocoa butter
Step 2
Add the coconut oil
Step 3
When both have melted, remove them from the microwave and add the sweet almond oil and the essential oil. Stir until you mixture start to cool (about 5 minutes)
Step 4
Add your butter to your favorite decorative tin or jar. Remember to put it in a container that is shallow enough  and has an opening wide enough to be able to spoon it out into your bath. I used a decorative tin that I found at a local antique shop.
Step 5
Let your butter set up. You may choose to refrigerate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment