Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Inspirational Vitamin

I pray that this devotion will touch you just as much as it touched me. Enjoy

Prime Time With God

Today's Prayer
Dear Father in Heaven, please hear me this morning. I am sorry for my failures as a family member. I pray that you will forgive me where I have messed up, and will give me wisdom and knowledge and grace to do better. I pray for every family, that you will bind them together in love, that every member will uplift and support one another daily--in all circumstances and challenges that come. Help us to be forgiving and understanding. I pray for your blessing upon those who seek your will and your continued anointing upon the family unit. May we all look to you with our whole hearts and turn to you for help in times of trouble as well as look to you with praise and celebration in times of joy. You tell us in your Word that we are to be thankful in all things. So I am thankful for even the trials that bring us closer together. Thank you, Father, for loving me and surrounding my family with your protection. Please continue to have mercy upon us and bless us according to your will. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

Joyce Meyer Daily Devotion

 Love Yourself So You Can Love Others

It's tough to enjoy life when you don't like yourself. People who haven't learned to accept and get along with themselves tend to have more difficulty accepting and getting along with others.

I personally spent years having a hard time getting along with people, until I finally realized through the Word of God how my difficulty with other people was actually "rooted" in my difficulties with myself.

The Bible says a good tree will bear good fruit, and a rotten tree will bear rotten fruit. Likewise, the "fruit" of our lives comes from the "root" within us. If you're rooted in shame, guilt, inferiority, rejection, lack of love and acceptance, etc., the fruit of your relationships will suffer.

However, once you have a revelation of God's unconditional love for you and begin to accept yourself and others, eventually these new roots will produce good fruit, and your relationships will thrive.

What are your roots planted in? Examine your heart today and pray that God will firmly plant you in the soil of His love, so that you can genuinely love yourself and then love others. Make sure you are rooted in Him today.

Prayer Starter: God, I want to be rooted in Your love for me. Without Your love, I can't love myself or others, so I receive it today.

The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:31 NIV)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment