Sunday, December 22, 2013

She's So Crafty!!!

DIY Body Wash
I absolutely love trying out new things!! I love to try and share DIY ideas of others.Yesterday I started trying my hand at a DIY bubble bath!  It turned out wonderful! I turned a $1 bar of soap into about a gallon of body wash which would cost about $12!! Wow! What a savings!! 

One of my favorite sources for DIY projects is Pinterest.com. It has a wealth of ideas and suggestions for crafty homebodies like myself! :) There are also tons of other wonderful blogs out there to help guide you on your way! 


To get started, you will need the following materials:
1 bar of your favorite soap (I used the Aloe Vera scented Ivory)
Cheese grater
container for soap shavings
measuring cup
16 oz of water
1 large pot 
1 large stirring spoon

Step 1
Grate your soap. I used the whole bar  for almost a gallon of body wash. 
You may use half of the bar for less body wash.


Step 2 
Add  your grated soap and water to the pot and heat on medium until all soap is melted evenly. You will have to stir occasionally to help the soap dissolve quicker. Your dissolved soap mixture will look white or milky. I added a tablespoon of coconut oil to my my melted mixture to add a bit of moisturizer to my skin.


Step 3

After all of the soap has dissolved, turn your stove off and let your mixture cool for about 2 hours. A film will develop over the top after it has cooled for a few hours. At this point, dip your spoon in to see if your body wash is the thickness you desire.
IMG 6245 opt DIY Body Wash! Turn a $1 Bar of Soap into Luxurious Body Wash!

Some of the water will reduce while cooking. You may need to add a bit more of water to get your body wash to the consistency that you want. If you add more water, heat your soap up and stir again. Let it sit to cool.

If your mixture is the right consistency after it has cooled, add it to your container.


Guess what?? That's it! I just know you will enjoy your body wash! Not only have you saved money, but you have a product that you created on your own!!! You're Maaaarrrrvelous, Darling! 










No comments:

Post a Comment