Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Blessings

Summer is here and I can say that I am truly enjoying it. God has blessed us in a way that I can spend my summers at home with our family doing the things we enjoy doing the most. One of my favorite hobbies is gardening. I'm learning so much as I grow and experiment with different techniques of gardening.

Ginger has become such a staple in our home. We've recently learned about it's wealth of  health benefits.
So, we decided to try our hand at growing our own!........So far so good! From what I learned, ginger plants like relatively dry soil and temperatures that are above 55 degrees Farenheit.

 I planted  four pieces of  ginger root about 6 weeks ago. From the root,came these  beautiful, aromatic  plants......



Ginger plant




Now that the plants  have grown to be nice and strong with roots, it is now time to separate and re-pot! I cut each plant just underneath the root......




The remaining part of the ginger root can be replanted to grow more ginger plants and roots! Just make sure each piece has a" knob" or two on it. These knobs are where the plants grow from.  

Happy planting! I'd love  to hear about your experiences with growing and using ginger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment